Prior to Play
- Arrive at least fifteen minutes early to check-in at the Pro Shop.
- If you cannot meet your tee-time booking please contact the Pro Shop to cancel.
- Subject to other cancellations, you may be asked to change playing groups.
- Collect a sand bucket from areas adjacent to the Pro Shop.
- Be ready to play when it is your time to tee off.
On the Tee
- Mark your ball so that you can identify it.
- Hit ONLY when golfers ahead of you are out of range.
- Stand still and facing other golfers while they are hitting.
- Watch where all balls go to avoid time spent looking for lost balls.
- Yell the warning "FORE!" if your ball is heading toward another golfer.
- Sand your divot.
- Walk directly to your ball unless you reach someone else's ball first.
- Place your bag or cart near you when hitting.
- Take no more than one practice swing.
- Player furthest from the hole usually plays first, but golfers out of range of the group in front can play first, if ready.
- Sand your divot, and others you may see whilst walking the fairways.
- Walk briskly between shots and be ready to play when it is your turn.
- Keep Pace with the group in front of you at all times.
- Assist playing partners when needed by bringing clubs, finding lost balls, etc.
- Adhere to motorised cart rules at all times.
On the Green
- Place your bag or cart between the green and the next tee.
- Take all clubs that you may need.
- Repair your own ball marks and others.
- Avoid stepping on another player's putting line.
- Players begin putting when all balls are on the green.
- The person furthest away from the hole putts first.
- On long putts, have another player attend the flagstick.
- Mark your ball if it is in the path of another player's ball.
- Record all scores on the next tee.
Player Code of Conduct
The Golf South Australia Code of Conduct, together with other requirements of players as specified by tournament conditions, local rules and regulations of the Club, shall apply in all golf competitions conducted or promoted by Victor Harbor Golf Club.